- Roy DeShane Elementary
An Important Message for the Roy DeShane Community - 10/16/20
October 16, 2020
Dear Roy DeShane School Community,
Community Consolidated School District 93 (CCSD93) has been notified of a potential exposure to a COVID-19 case at Roy DeShane School. My office became aware of this positive test today and was made aware that the individual received results on Wednesday, October 14. The individual has not been present in the building this week.
At this time, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD) are closely monitoring COVID-19 in Illinois to assess exposures and the level of risk to individuals who may have been exposed. In coordination with DCHD, families of any student or staff member who have been determined to have prolonged exposure have been contacted directly by CCSD93 personnel with next step information.
If you have not been contacted directly regarding this matter, your child has been determined not to have experienced prolonged exposure, defined as being less than six feet distance for more than 15 minutes. Based on the information known and guidance from Centers for Disease Control (CDC), this has been determined to be a low-risk exposure for your child, and there are no additional restrictions beyond continuing to adhere to the safety protocols listed below.
Although your child’s risk of COVID-19 from this exposure is low, you are asked to continue to monitor for the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If your child develops any of the above symptoms within the next 14 days, please:
- Indicate this on the CCSD93 self-screener and keep your child home
- Self-quarantine your child until they are no longer symptomatic
- Contact your healthcare provider for further instructions
Please ensure your child continues to follow the safety protocols listed below to remain healthy, reduce exposure to COVID-19 and slow the spread of the disease:
- Complete CCSD93’s Self-Screener daily
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper arm
- Wash hands often
- Maintain social distancing
- Wear face mask at all times
Any time the district becomes aware of a positive case of an individual who has entered any of our buildings, the following will be completed:
- Report made to the DCHD
- Contact tracing
- Notification to the building’s families and staff members
- Increased disinfecting of location(s) where positive case was present
- Ionizing of classroom or office location with positive case
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and community. We will continue to collaborate and coordinate with DCHD and share any additional relevant information regarding potential COVID-19 exposure, while also maintaining employee and student confidentiality as required under state and federal law. Please contact Principal Gray with any questions or concerns.
David H. Hill, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Community Consolidated School District 93