- Community Consolidated School District 93
- Serving Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, and Hanover Park
CCSD93 COVID-19 Mitigation Efforts - 3/12/20
March 12, 2020
Dear CCSD93 Community,
Currently, there have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases in CCSD93.
Even so, with the number of cases across the state and region increasing and as a result of our communications and coordination with the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD), CCSD93 is taking proactive measures to help to reduce the spread of illness throughout our community.
Although we are not closing school at this time, CCSD93 is implementing the following measures until further notice:
- Large gatherings that include visitors, from outside the school who are not our students, are canceled. This includes:
- PTA meetings
- PTA events outside of the school district
- Athletic competitions
- Parent breakfasts, meetings, or info nights of any kind
- Parent visitations during the school day, aside from standard pickup and drop off
- Open houses like fun fairs, fine arts nights, and literacy nights
- Club community events
- Community meetings
- All school trips are canceled.
- All field trips are canceled.
- All outside speakers are canceled.
- Kindergarten Registration on 3/24 will be rescheduled to a date to be determined.
We will evaluate whether or not these performances and events can be rescheduled at a later time.
The following will continue as currently scheduled:
- ActivKids before- and after-care through the Carol Stream Park District.
- Athletic practices without visitors or spectators will continue as planned.
- Band, orchestra, chorus, and musical practices will continue as planned.
- Clubs without visitors will continue as planned.
If we do have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in CCSD93, we will close school for 24 hours. At that point, the DCHD would help us assess the situation, evaluate our cleaning and disinfection practices, and reduce the risk and vulnerability to students. We would then work on a plan to move forward. Until then, school will remain open and we will continue our cleaning and disinfection practices as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will revisit these protocols as necessary.
As we receive new information, we will send it to you as soon as we can. Check our website at www.ccsd93.com, where we will post all messages that we issue and other resources.
These are unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together.
David H. Hill
Superintendent of Schools