FirstView Bus App
In continued partnership with our transportation provider, First Student, CCSD93 has launched FirstView™, a bus tracking and transportation communications app for your smartphone or desktop!
The FirstView™ App Provides:
- Live Tracking - The FirstView™ map screen shows you the live location and direction of your student’s bus, your student's stop schedule for the current day and timestamps for school arrivals and departures!
- Predictive Stop Arrival Times - Analyzing route and real-time GPS data, we determine an estimated time of arrival to your stop provided on the FirstView™ map!
- Custom Alerts & Messages - You can set up the app to be notified when your child’s bus is a chosen distance from your stop!
- Additional User Notifications - Connect up to three additional email accounts to receive email alerts. This is a great feature for grandparents or caregivers!
- Multi-Stop View - Buses for all your students can be tracked with FirstView™. Using individual colors for each student, every selected stop appears on the map simultaneously for easy viewing.
- Secure & Easy Access - FirstView™ requires a password-protected account along with your student’s ID number and a system generated pin code for app set-up. This way, only you can view your student’s stop!
- Download the app for free by searching “FirstView” in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, or use the desktop version here. Or you can click here for Apple or click here for Google.
- Open the app (or the desktop site) and select Yes to receive push notifications.
- Select “Register” and fill out your information on the registration screen, including creating a password for yourself.
- Check your email from late August or the beginning of each month for a message from First Student, and click the link there to confirm your account.
- Re-open the app (or return to the desktop site), select “Illinois” for state, select “CCSD93” for district, and enter the email address and password you just entered in Step 3 above.
- Review and scroll through the message there, and select “Tap Here to Add a New Student”.
- Again enter the state and district information from Step 5 above.
- For Student ID, enter your child's CCSD93 Student ID.
- For Security Code, enter the Security Code that you have been provided and click “Done”!
Note: If you haven't received a Security Code and/or don't know your child's CCSD93 Student ID, please contact Lynn at 630-539-3290.
- Begin using the app!
Do you Have Multiple Students Who Ride Buses with CCSD93?
You should receive information for each student with their login credentials. To add them, select the navigation icon in the upper left corner of the app, then select “Profile,” and “Add a Student I.D.” From there, repeat steps 6-10 above with their information to add each additional student.
Encountering Issues with the App?
Please note, CCSD93 is the first district in DuPage County to pilot this app, so we expect a few hiccups in its functionality along the way. We welcome your feedback so we can create an even better product for parents. If you come across an issue, please either fill out this form online or call Lynn at 630-539-3290. You can also select the circle with the (!) inside it on the screen within the app and submit any feedback for support. This will help CCSD93 and the FirstView app team iron out any issues.
- On Mondays, Predictive Stop Arrival Times currently will be defaulted to the Tuesday-Friday dropoff schedule times until further notice. Once the bus is within 10 minutes of student dropoff, it will begin to show an accurate estimated time of arrival on Mondays.
- To add Custom Alerts & Messages, select the navigation icon in the upper left corner of the app, select Profile, select the name of the student, and then select either Distance Reminder or Time Notification for both the morning and the afternoon.
- To add up to three email notification recipients, select the navigation icon in the upper left, select settings, select notification recipients, and then type in name and email address.
- The app updates automatically every 15-30 seconds.
- For additional frequently asked questions, select the navigation icon in the upper left, select Help, and select F.A.Q.