A few notes before you apply:
- When completing an online application linked below, please apply for only those positions for which you are licensed and/or qualified. Licensure and qualifications are indicated next to the positions in the application.
- If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
- Your application will be retained in active status for one school year. To keep your application in active status, please update it at least once a year.
- If you are applying for a full- or part-time position but also have interest in substituting, please indicate this on your application and you will be called for an interview. Licensure needed to substitute as well as a tentative interview and training schedule can be accessed through the "Apply to be a Substitute" link.
- If you have questions, please contact Human Resources with any questions by phone at 630-539-3230.
- Please do not send any additional paperwork at this time.
Questions and Answers
Q. WHAT IS A COMPLETE APPLICATION?
A complete application for both licensed and non-licensed positions consists of all questions on the application being answered and all paperwork being downloaded. Applicants for licensed positions must also be screened.
Q. WILL I RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MY APPLICATION?
You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been successful submitted.
Q. SHOULD I PHONE TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY VACANCIES?
Please check this web site for job postings. It is updated immediately when vacancies occur. An applicant must have completed an application on-line to be considered for a position.
Q. WILL I BE INTERVIEWED?
District 93 receives hundreds of applications from prospective staff each year. It is not possible to interview every applicant. Information supplied by the applicant enables us to determine eligibility for a particular position. If qualifications, background, and interests match our criteria, the applicant will be contacted for an interview. You will receive a brief reply by e-mail.
Q. I AM AN APPLICANT FOR A LICENSED POSITION, HOW DO I GET SCREENED?
Screenings are done in two ways. One way is meeting you at a job fair. We typically attend several job fairs in the area each year where licensed graduates are screened and then encouraged to complete the on-line application. However, you can complete an on-line application without being screened. In this case, if your qualifications, background, and interests match the criteria for a posted position, you will be called for a screening thus completing your application.
Q. HOW LONG IS MY APPLICATION KEPT ON FILE?
On-line applications are active for 12 months. It is the applicant's responsibility to update the application on-line with any personal or professional changes, i.e., name, address, degree, licensure, and designations during this time. applicants will be notified by email when their application will be made inactive. At this time an application can be revised and resubmitted.
Q. DO YOU HIRE ONLY INEXPERIENCED TEACHERS?
The District wants to have a well-balanced staff in terms of prior teaching experience, college preparation, and extra-curricular experience. To this end, when a position becomes available, it is thoroughly reviewed and consideration is given to an assortment of variables. A candidate is sought who offers a complimentary balance to the current staff.
Q. I AM A NEW GRADUATE. I HAVE APPLIED TO THE STATE OF ILLINOIS FOR MY TEACHING LICENSE, BUT HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED IT. DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO APPLY UNTIL MY LICENSE HAS BEEN ISSUED?
No, if your Illinois Educator License is pending, please mark the appropriate spot on the application to indicate the pending status. Your profile on the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) should mirror your status. Once your license has been issued, ELIS will post it and any endorsements you have earned. We will accept your application as complete if the other required items are submitted.
Q. CAN I JUST MAIL YOU MY RESUME?
No, this is not a substitute for the on-line application. The applicant must complete all of the requested information on the application.
Q. SHOULD I HAVE MY COLLEGE CREDENTIALS FILE SENT TO DISTRICT 93?
No. If you are called for an interview, the District will ask you to bring photocopies of your transcripts and your IEIN number to check your licensure status.
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU.