CCSD93 Website Accessibility
CCSD93 is committed to continual growth in creating a website platform that is accessible for all.
With regard to the CCSD93 website and any official CCSD93 web presence which is developed by, maintained by, or offered through third party vendors and open sources, CCSD93 is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II so that students, parents and members of the public with disabilities are able to independently acquire the same information, engage in the same interactions, and enjoy the same benefits and services within the same timeframe as those without disabilities, with substantially equivalent ease of use; and that they are not excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in any CCSD93 programs, services, and activities delivered online.
All existing web content produced by CCSD93, and new, updated and existing web content provided by third-party developers, will conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A conformance, or updated equivalents. Additionally, CCSD93 will strive towards Level AA conformance. This Regulation applies to all new, updated, and existing web pages, as well as all web content produced or updated by CCSD93 or provided by third-party developers.
Website Accessibility Concerns, Complaints and Grievances
A student, parent or member of the public who wishes to submit a complaint or grievance regarding a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 or Title II related to the accessibility of any official CCSD93 web presence that is developed by, maintained by, or offered through CCSD93, third party vendors and/or open sources may complain directly to a school administrator, or the school or District Webmaster. The initial complaint or grievance should be made using the Website Accessibility Complaint/Request Form, however, a verbal complaint or grievance may be made. When a school administrator or District Webmaster receives the information, they shall immediately inform the Director of Community Relations.
Whether or not a formal complaint or grievance is made, once CCSD93 has been notified of inaccessible content, effective communication shall be provided as soon as possible to the reporting party to provide access to the information. The Complainant should not have to wait for the investigation of the complaint to be concluded before receiving the information that he/she was unsuccessful in accessing.
Complaints should be submitted in writing, via email, or by completing the website complaint form. To file a complaint or grievance regarding the inaccessibility of CCSD93 public website content, the Complainant should submit the website feedback form.
The formal ADA non-compliance complaint should include the following:
- Date of the Complaint
- Description of the problem encountered
- Web address or location of the problem page
- Solution desired
- Contact information in case more details are needed (email and phone number)
The complaint or grievance will be investigated by the Webmaster or another person designated by the Superintendent. The student, parent, or member of the public shall be contacted no later than five (5) working days following the date the Webmaster receives the information. The procedures to be followed are:
- An investigation of the complaint shall be completed within fifteen (15) working days. Extension of the timeline may only be approved by the Director of Community Relations, if necessary.
- The investigator shall prepare a written report of the findings and conclusions within five (5) working days of the completion of the investigation.
- The investigator shall contact the Complainant upon conclusion of the investigation to discuss the findings and conclusions and actions to be taken as a result of the investigation.
- A record of each complaint and grievance made shall be maintained at the CCSD93 District Office. The record shall include a copy of the complaint or grievance filed, report of findings from the investigation, and the disposition of the matter.
CCSD93 ADA Compliance Procedures
To ensure CCSD93’s website is accessible for all, CCSD93 has made the following commitments:
- CCSD93 has worked with its website vendor to ensure its website template is ADA compliant.
- CCSD93 will work to ensure PDFs linked to its site are ADA compliant.
- CCSD93 will work to ensure videos embedded on its site contain captions and transcripts in accordance with ADA compliance regulations.
- CCSD93 has ensured the appropriate use of alt-text on images to be ADA compliant.
- CCSD93 will share instructions for staff members to utilize when adding PDFs, videos, and images to its website.
- CCSD93 will consistently monitor its website accessibility with the WAVE Evaluation Tool and correct any issues as needed.
- CCSD93 will stay up to date on best practices and procedures for ADA compliance as new practices and requirements emerge.